4 - Turning my Life Around for Good!
2. Soon the house where he was staying was so packed with visitors that there wasn't room for a single person more, not even outside the door. And he preached the Word to them.
3. Four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a stretcher.
4. They couldn't get to Jesus through the crowd, so they dug through the clay roof above his head and lowered the sick man on his stretcher, right down in front of Jesus.
5. When Jesus saw how strongly they believed that he would help, Jesus said to the sick man, "Son, your sins are forgiven!" ..........
9. I, the Messiah, have the authority on earth to forgive sins. But talk is cheap - anybody could say that. So I'll prove it to you by healing this man." Then, turning to the paralyzed man, he commanded, "Pick up your stretcher and go on home, for you are healed!"
12. The man jumped up, took the stretcher, and pushed his way through the stunned onlookers! Then how they praised God. "We've never seen anything like this before!" they all exclaimed.
The paralysis in this young man's body had evidently been caused by something foolish and sinful he had done, or else Jesus would not have greeted him with: "Son, your sins are forgiven!"
Many times when young men get into situations where they do foolish and sinful things, they have had help from their friends. Of course these are the wrong kinds of friends to have.
What seems to have happened here is that he had changed his friends since his foolish and sinful actions had ruined his life. His new friends were the kind everyone should have!
These new friends heard the Word Jesus preached, and that Word went so deep inside them, that they knew if they could bring the paralytic to Jesus, Jesus would help him. And Jesus did! Praise God!
Have you done some foolish and sinful things that have ruined your life?
To turn your life around, do as this young man did: get new and godly friends and seek out the help and forgiveness of Jesus. He is certainly able to help you and forgive you today.
Father, help me to have the right friends in my life.
If I have been foolish in my choice of friends in the past, please forgive me.
Open my eyes so that I will make wise choices concerning the people I associate with. Help me to choose to associate with people who listen to Your Word and put their faith in You.
Then help me to be a blessing to them also,
in Jesus' name,